Calibrate Energy Engineering, part of RSK Group supplies intelligent, hands-off commercial heating, chilling and electricity-generating solutions to high energy-use industries. Calibrates mission is to rethink and reshape how energy is more economically utilised and consumed. Calibrate do this by reducing their client’s operational expenditure, providing an extra income stream, and creating a positive impact on their carbon profile.
We are seeking a Project Manager to join them in a full time, permanent role.
In this exciting and challenging role, you will be reporting to the Managing Director of a dynamic company that will educate businesses on how they can power their operations more efficiently, and cost-effectively, Making Net Zero a Reality.
- To report directly to the Managing Director with complete trust and honesty.
- To play a crucial role to ensure the total performance of the Project in producing a quality project in a safe environment for the client and the installation team, with on time and on or below cost delivery.
- Maintain all project reporting protocol.
- To act as a communicator between the client, Calibrate and delivery team inclusive of sub-contractors and consultants.
- Lead by example, maintaining the standards and ethos of the RSK Group providing inspiration and motivation to the team.
- To comply with the responsibilities laid down in both the Group’s and Government Health and Safety Policy, GDPR and HSE to ensure a safe working environment.
- Essential – Prince 2
- Essential – SSSTS
- Essential – Evidence of successful completion of similar M&E contracts
- Essential – 5+ yrs of experience as a PM
- Desirable – Electrical design qualification or certification or experience
- Desirable – PMI or APM
Duties and Responsibilities:
- To champion strong and effective communication, both internally and externally at all times.
- Undertake regular career and professional development and identify opportunities for personal training or improvement.
- To be an ambassador for Calibrate, provide leadership to all team members, champion new ideas and preserve the reputation of the brand.
- Plan and programme work methods and build sequences on sites under the project manager’s control.
- Ensure that reporting and plans are completed and updated within stipulated timeframes.
- To ensure that site preliminary/overhead costs are properly controlled.
- To ensure that team maximises revenue generation and profitability by identifying additional revenue or cost saving opportunities.
- Take full responsibility to see that all aspects reflecting change to procedures of programme and design are passed to the site team and client in writing and fully explained.
- Regularly visit sites and ensure sub-contractors provide weekly progress reports as well as ensuring weekly reports to clients.
- Hand over the completed project to the maintenance engineer, using the commissioning report and the documented process as well as a site visit.
- Inspect quality of work during installation process and give advice to the site team as may be necessary ensure that drawings and schematics are kept up to date as the installation process continues.
- Ensure all Health and Safety documentation is kept up to date including the preparation of individual site Health and Safety folders including production and review of current traffic/pedestrian management plans and fire risk assessments. Identify specific tasks associated with each site under your control which require method statements and/or risk assessments and produce/request and review the documentation to ensure they are satisfactory prior to the works commencing.
- Provide a weekly report to the Directors.
- Manage the sites to ensure that there is a chain of accountability through the sites ensuring timeframes and designs are adhered to as outlined in the project plan.
- Using manufacturer’s specifications and ensure that no warranties are voided through the incorrect use of the product.
- Ensuring that installs are as per designs and are keeping within industry standards and legislation.
Administration and Health and Safety
- Produce weekly GANTT and annual site reports for the client from site supervisors.
- Ensure all Health and Safety documentation is kept up to date including the preparation of individual site Health and Safety folders including production and review of current traffic/pedestrian management plans and fire risk assessments. Identify specific tasks associated with each site under your control which require method statements and/or risk assessments and produce/request and review the documentation to ensure they are satisfactory prior to the works commencing. Ensure that accident and incident documentation is kept up to date inclusive of near misses.
- Ensure that the plan on Microsoft Project (or similar system) is adhered to or amended after consultation with the operation manager and director.
- Comply with all company health and safety policies and procedures, including hazard, incident and accident reporting. All work must be completed to the highest of safety standards.
- Make proper use of personal protective clothing and equipment or any specific safety equipment required by manufacturers. It is your responsibility to order replacement PPE.
Salary £45,000-£55,000 dependent on experience.
Please email your CV to [email protected] by 26th February 2024 .