Calibrate Energy Engineering, a part of RSK Group, supplies intelligent, hands-off commercial heating, chilling and electricity-generating solutions to high energy-use industries. Calibrate’s mission is to rethink and reshape how energy is more economically utilised and consumed. Calibrate do this by reducing their client’s operational expenditure, providing an extra income stream, and creating a positive impact on their carbon profile.
We are seeking an Operations Manager to join them in a full time, permanent role. The role of the Operations Manager is to manage and oversee the operations of the business, including being the right hand of the MD and link between the MD and the operations team.
In this exciting and challenging role, you will be part of a dynamic and innovative company that will educate businesses on how they can power their operations more efficiently, and cost-effectively and do their bit to save the planet in the meantime.
- To report directly to the Managing Director with complete trust and honesty
- To comply with responsibilities laid down in the Group’s and Government Health and Safety Policy, GDPR and HSE to ensure compliance and a safe working environment
- Overall responsibility for the management of Calibrate operations; playing a crucial role to ensure the total performance of the operations team
- To set and achieve all targets and objectives within specified timescales and budgets whilst maximising the profit potential of Calibrate operations through effective management of the performance of the installation, service and maintenance teams.
- Work with the aforementioned Teams to deliver exceptional client communication
- To ensure that best and safe practice is followed in all parts of the business
- Management of the Team and accountability for performance review
- Read and approve all new contracts, both supplier and customer
- Lead, appraise and bring out the best of the operations team
- Lead by example, maintaining the standards and ethos of the Calibrate group, providing inspiration and motivation to the team
- Must have previously managed an operations or delivery team of at least five people including internal, external resource including subcontractors and consultants
- Previous commercial experience in contracts negotiation
- Must have experience in delivering integrated mechanical and electrical focused projects, with either Heat Pumps and/or Combined Heat and Power being an advantage
- Must have had office management experience, including HR functions of own team
- This is primarily an office based position with some external site visits as required
- Performance management and recruitment experience will be required, for team replacement and expansion
Duties and Responsibilities:
- To champion strong and effective communication, both internally and externally at all times
- Work with the operations team to ensure that the Calibrate process is followed, both in actions and time scale.
- Ensure that client satisfaction targets are met and deal with any client issues which have not been resolved.
- To ensure the design brief is adhered to and if changes are required these are communicated and signed off.
- To engage with the sales and design team to ensure up to date understanding of sales projects, completion target dates and new business installations in order to assist in programming the correct number of clients for each quarter.
- To liaise with the project managers regarding the appointment of suitable sub-contractors and suppliers to ensure adequate resource and expertise to achieve required quality standards within agreed timescales.
- To ensure the operation team are fully resourced and well-directed, with clear guidelines to their own job responsibilities, and are provided with full support in achieving these, in terms of communication, training and development, and the organisation of the department’s workload.
- To always represent Calibrate professionally in both personal appearance and conduct, including participation at corporate hospitality events from time to time.
- To carry out any other reasonable tasks in accordance with operational needs as requested by your managers.
- Vehicle, credit card, computer and telephone
- Contributory pension scheme
- Regular training and career development
Please Email your CV to [email protected] by Monday 5th February 2024