Electrical Engineer (Electrician) Vacancy
Electrical Engineering Manager & Operations Manager
Project Admin Support
Working with Internal:
Project managers, electrical controls technician, office manager, sales and design team, mechanical engineers, maintenance engineer, commissioning engineers, contractors.
Working with External:
Clients, site managers, sub-contractors, suppliers, H&S consultants, mechanical design consultants.
- Electrical systems – to project manage (design / price / order) the materials for each site ensuring there is as little down time as possible
- Installation and testing of electrical equipment and systems
- Electrical breakdowns and fault finding
- On occasion to manage contractors to do installation and service work whilst ensuring a high standard of workmanship
- Fault find to optimise running efficiencies and optimise the Calibrate customer systems
- Electrical installation, cable running, panel terminations and other electrical installation work
- On occasion, electrical design work, including wiring and panel design
- To ensure compliance to Company Policy and Procedures and Health and Safety regulations
Duties and Responsibilities:
- To have read, understood and comply with Company Policies and Procedures at all times.
- To always adopt the highest level of professionalism to carry out the duties expected of him/her.
- Create and submit weekly and annual site reports for the client.
- Ensure that completed Job Sheets and Timesheets are provided to the Manager.
- To complete internal audits ensuring that the installation accurately represents the project brief.
Design, Installation and Servicing
- Work as a team with Calibrate members to produce the best possible design for the client.
- Ensure that designs are in keeping with industry standards and legislation.
- Prior to installation commencing check that all equipment and materials required are on site.
- Follow the purchase ordering protocol for any parts or sub-contracted work.
- Ensure that no warranties are voided through the incorrect use of the product.
- Contribute to the overall and electrical design of new systems including electrical drawings.
- Create project briefs based on proposal documents and site meetings.
- Discuss faults with clients if required and advise on parts if appropriate.
- Ensure the required parts are ordered and warranty procedures are adhered to
- Ensure that site information is kept up to date for other team members.
- Identify and report problems and potential problems to the Manager.
- Contribute to weekly Team Meetings.
- Keep up to date on client issues on sites.
Administration and Health and Safety
- Ensure all Health and Safety documentation is kept up to date including the preparation of individual site Health and Safety folders.
- Comply with all company Health and Safety policies and procedures, including hazard, incident and accident reporting. All work must be completed to the highest of safety standards.
- Make proper use of personal protective clothing and equipment or any specific safety equipment required by manufacturers. It is your responsibility to order replacement PPE.
- Ensure that the vehicle is always appropriately maintained and kept in a clean and tidy condition.
- Notify a Manager of any equipment needing maintenance or replacement.
- Ensure sites are kept in a clean, tidy and safe way throughout projects.
Qualifications and Experience
- Must be served and completed a full commercial industrial electrical apprenticeship
- Minimum qualification NVQ level 3
- 18th addition
- Test and inspection
- Two years post apprenticeship site experience